| || |
Blackall-Tambo Strategic Planning Committee
BLACKALL-TAMBO REGIONAL COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLANNING COMMITTEE
The name of the Committee shall be The Blackall-Tambo Strategic Planning Committee
To receive information and deliberate on strategic planning matters relevant to all Council functions and responsibilities for positive outcomes.
3. SCOPE OF INTEREST:
The following matters fall within the scope of interest of the Committee;
- Economic Development
- Environmental Management
- Community Development
- Land use – planning (not assessment of development applications)
- Social and civil infrastructure
- Asset Management
- Disaster Management
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Other Strategic matters
· Membership shall consist of all elected members of Council.
5. CHAIRPERSON OF COMMITTEE:
· The Chairperson of the Committee will be the Mayor.
- The Mayor will chair the meeting. In the absence of the Mayor, the Deputy Mayor will chair the meeting.
· The responsibilities of the Chairperson in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer include:
- Scheduling meetings and notifying Committee members;
- Inviting specialists to attend meetings when required by the Committee;
- Guiding the meeting according to the agenda and time available;
- Ensuring all discussion items end with a decision, action or definite outcome;
- Review and approve the draft minutes before distribution;
6. MINUTE TAKER:
· The role of the minute taker is to:
- Prepare agendas and issuing notices for meetings, and ensuring all necessary documents requiring discussion or comment are attached to the agenda
- Distributing the Agenda one week prior to the meeting
- Taking notes of proceedings and preparing minutes of meeting
- Distributing the minutes to all Committee members one week after the meeting
- The minutes shall be checked by the Chairperson and accepted by Committee members as a true and accurate record at the commencement of the next meeting
7. FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS:
· Meetings of the Committee will be held every fourth Wednesday of each month
· Half the number of members, providing that either the Mayor or Deputy Mayor are present.
9. PROCEDURE AT MEETINGS:
· Business may be conducted at a meeting of the Committee only if a quorum is present. At least three Councillors including either the Mayor or Deputy Mayor) must be present for the meeting to proceed.
· Members shall notify other members of any “personal Interest” or “material personal interest” in a matter that relates to the affairs of the committee.
10. VOTING RIGHTS
· All members have equal voting rights.
11. INVITED GUESTS:
Internal or external persons may be invited to attend the meetings at the request of the Chairperson on behalf of the Committee to provide advice and assistance where necessary. Invited guests have no voting rights and may be requested to leave the meeting at any time by the Chairperson.
12. COMMITTEE MEMBERS WILL CEASE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE IF THEY:
· Are not a current elected Council representative
The functions of the Strategic Planning Committee are;
· to exercise, perform or discharge delegated powers and functions
· to provide framework and direction for the planning and management of the Council
· monitor the performance of Council against the BTRC Operational Plan
· identify key strategic opportunities and initiatives, including major infrastructure developments;
· establishing, monitoring and maintaining delegations;
· management of major change;
· action items from Advisory Committees
· assist in the development of the annual operating budget