Christmas Fun at the Tambo Library
Tambo Library is kicking off Christmas events on Tuesday 30 November.
Our Christmas events kick off with the on Tuesday 30 November at 3.00pm with Coding with Cubelets. These fun little cubes can be programmed by attaching different action cubes. They can roll around be programmed to follow your hand and programmed not to bump into items.
Wednesday 1 December is the kickoff of The Summer Reading Club. The Summer Reading Club is a fun, free program delivered annually by the State Library of Queensland online and in public libraries and Indigenous Knowledge Centres across Queensland to encourage children to keep reading through the summer! We know that children love the sense of freedom during summer, no homework and no rigid timetables. All this free time can however result in a loss of learning gained during the school year, which is often referred to as the ‘Summer Slide.’
To help keep children motivated there are 40 challenges online to complete each summer. In addition, children can also share book reviews, artwork and comment on other Club Member posts.
Challenge activities are suitable for all ages and can be completed multiple times!
To start earning fun rewards, including digital badges, children and young people will need to join the Club. Ask an adult to help you join the club. It's free and easy to register. Adults can create multiple child/reader profiles.
- Sign in as a child/reader.
- Go to your profile and select an avatar. Complete challenges to unlock more!
- Start completing challenges to earn badges, XP and unlock new avatars.
- Don't forget to post your own photos and share the fun!
- Once you’ve joined, you can start exploring and completing reading challenges and posting book reviews and artwork. As challenges are completed online, digital rewards unlock for collection! Who will be your family’s Summer Reading Champion? So join: summerreadingclub.org.au
Thursday 2 December at 3.30pm gives the children to explore the microscopic world. The technology kits are on loan from State Library.
Christmas Craft will be held on 1 and 3 December 3.30pm. Other sessions will be held 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 December at 3.00pm. Five years and under sessions will be held on 6 & 7 December at 10.30am.
Friday 10 December at 10.00am a very special visitor will be at the library. He wears a red suit and has a white beard. So have your lists ready and chat to Santa.
All craft sessions will run for an hour. If you require any further information phone 46546408.