Wherever you live in Queensland make sure that your home and contents insurance cover is enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and/or replacing your contents or possessions.
Contact your insurer and start asking questions.
1. What disasters does the policy cover?
2. How do they define each disaster?
3. How much will the policy cover?
4. Does the policy provide enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your house and any extra costs you might incur?
5. Is your insurance adequate to cover the replacement of your possessions?
6. Are your possessions covered for damage caused by potential local hazards such as storm, flood and bushfire?
7. Are you covered for the cost of temporary accommodation if your home is unhabitable?
8. Does pre-exisitng damage caused by previous natural disaster or lack of home maintenance impact eligibility of insurance claims projects?
For more insurance guidance and tips go to www.getready.qld.gov.au/resources
Find out more