Welcome to the Blackall Municipal Library which is located at 108 Shamrock Street. Here you will find over 5000 items available for loan and access to over a million books held by the Public Libraries Division of the State Library of Queensland. Over 500 new and different items are exchanged every three months. Anything not in stock can be requested.
Items held at the library include:
- Novels for adults, youth and children
- Non fiction books - craft, health, cooking, autobiographies to name a few for adults, youth and children
- Large print books
- Taped books for adults, youth and children
- DVD's and Videos for adults and children - Movies, TV shows, documentaries, cartoons etc
- CD's and tapes
Internet access, printing and photocopying is available with relevant fees applicable.
Anything not in stock can be requested by asking the librarian or you can access the web Opac:
Using this service allows you to:
- Service your account
- Order books
- Borrow e-books and e-audio books
- Borrow e-magazines
All members can use the State Library website www.slq.qld.gov.au to access e-resources databases, Lynda is also available from the State Library which gives memebers access to free online courses.
- Arts and architecture
- Business and economics
- Family history
- History, geography and biography
- Indigenous Australians
and a lot more.
Membership is free to all Queenslanders.
Opening Times:Monday - Friday 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm
Sharyn Harlow -Blackalllibrary@btrc.qld.gov.au
Blackall Library (07) 4657 4764
Blackall Visitor Information Centre: (07) 4657 4637